Search This Blog

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Copy Cat

I went to Joann's today.  I had a goal in mind: find some fabric for a sewing machine cover I found a tutorial on... And I did.  I fell in LOVE with Craft Couture's sewing machine cover. And I basically ended up copying hers right down to the bone.  Black and White with Pink accents. I found the b/w floral pattern for 5.49 per yd and it was on sale for 3.47!! :D  I also found some yellowed lace I'm dying to make some flowers out of. Pictures of my new sewing machine cover below.


I apologize for all of my horrible phone pictures.  Front view... I made my own ribbon out of the accent fabric.  They definately don't look as cute as Craft Couture's ribbons, but they'll do.

I think I put the ribbons down too far, but it's all good. I'm anything, but a perfectionist.


And here is my first EVER flower.

I just made some ruffles, spiraled them, and sewed them down.  I added several squares of a very thin mesh material (do you see it??) and threw on a cameo button I got from Hobby Lobby a while back.
I haven't found a hair pin I like well enough yet, so it's just sitting in my drawer for the time being.


Byee...
Lauren.

No comments:

Post a Comment