Search This Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cute Little Felt Dolls

Howdy. :)
I found a book for kids on sewing with felt.  I looked through it and the stuff was pretty darn cute. I bought it. :D 
One of the tutorials was how to make a doll made of felt.  Pictures below.
Materials are the obvious. Felt for the skin, clothes, and hair.  Buttons for the eyes.  Needle&thread. Scissors.  Pin needles. Polyster filling.

I just cut out my pattern on computer paper.  You need a rectangle for the arms and legs, the clothes, and a circle for the head.  Cut out 2 circles (head), 8 rectangles (arms/legs), and 2 pcs for the clothes.

After you've cut out all of your pieces, sew on the eyes, nose, and mouth.  Face the circles for the doll's head Right side together and sew around the whole head, leaving the neck open.

Next, you just gotta be creative with the hair. I used the pattern for the dolls head and cut out a circle for the back of the dolls hair.  Then cut out bangs. Sew to the dolls head.


Sew the arms and legs together leaving one short side open and stuff them with the polyfill.  pin the arms and legs where you want them on the doll.  Sew along the entire body leaving the neck open.
Stuff the dolls body and head with the polyfill.  Place the dolls head inside the neck opening. Sew. :)

I did this project for my college speech class. We had to do a demonstrative speech, so I went ahead and made two dolls. 1 boy and 1 girl.  The girl is me, and the boy is my boyfriend. haha.

Have Fun!
Lauren.


Cherished Treasures”=

1 comment:

  1. What a fun project! I love the pictures showing them coming to life..thanks for joining my linking party, please come back and show off more of your work!

    ReplyDelete