Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

So...

My boyfriend and I have been aching for a new project lately after we made a night stand for his room.  I decided since I am a student, and I don't have a desk in my room that we could make a desk!  I had no idea what I wanted, so I typed in sewing desk in google images.  ((I need a sewing desk too. I've always sewn at my kitchen table, but its not comfortable))  I came across a really pretty sewing desk on a blogger website.  I looked around the website and thought, "Wow, there are people out there just like me".  Cheesy I know, but I can't believe there are so many people out there who have the same interests as me.  :P 

Anyways, this blog is basically for me to put my little projects up to look at and admire.  I don't expect anyone to really look at it because to be quite honest, even though I've been sewing for about 7 years, I am NO good at it.  :)

I will however put some pictures up of the night stand that my boyfriend and I made. :D

This is my boyfriend working on the night stand.  He needed something really narrow to fit between his bed and his couch. 

Side view.  We found some rustic looking metal decorative pieces (supposed to go on mail boxes) and we put them on both sides of the opening.  Found them at hobby lobby, original 7.99, but they were 50% off!

The inside.  We put two shelves, and the door has a magnet to help it stay closed all the time. LOTS of strorage space.

And a frontal view.  We are really proud of it, seeing as it is the first piece of furniture either of us has ever made. 

Don't think I'm taking most of the credit, my boyfriend did the majority of the work.  The saws, hammers, nails, all that good stuff?  Well, I'm just too clumsy for all that.  I helped with the mathematics, design, and staining. :)

byeee.
Lauren



No comments:

Post a Comment