Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Modified Kitchen Towels

Hey!
I found a really neat idea from More Misadventures on modifying boring old kitchen towels.  I found the towels at walmart for $1.50 a piece, and ran by Hobby Lobby and bought a BUNCH of fabric.  I haven't had time to do much sewing lately, so my scrap collection is minimal.  It's actually doing pretty well lately though!  I found a booth at an antique flea mall that sells scrap fabrics, zippers, and ribbons for pretty cheap.  Let's just say I bought a lot. :)
Anyways, my mom loves pears, so I took a couple ideas from More Misadventures.  Pictures below.

I sewed on some pleats, then sewed a strip of fabric to hide the ugly. (;

Pears.  Don't look at my sad attempt at sewing a straight line, please.

pears again. I particularly do not like this one.  nothing worked out like I planned it to.  That middle strip of fabric??? it was supposed to be the length of the other strip, but for some reason it isn't. 
My personal favorite.  I love the black/white theme on the green.


And this is a little sad random bookmark I made from the scraps. :P


Byee.
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment