Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

an artist at heart

I just got back from the dentist.  I had to have a root canal done. :P  I asked for the laughing gas because I'd heard it makes the experience more bearable.  After the initial giggles from the gas, I couldn't focus on anything, but the post the spotlight was on.  I kept saying in my head, "That's my only FOCAL POINT!"  I felt like I was in a painting and the post was what the artist wanted you to look at.  That's definately the high school art courses I took in high school talking. :P haha  It was the most strange experience I have ever encountered.  I also kept looking at their fluorescent lighting.  You know, the ones with the plastic covers?  Well there was a square pattern in the plastic covering, and I imagined them to be mountains.  They kept moving around, and when the dentist's head got in the way of the mountains, I felt my eyebrows push together.  I was so mad at him for taking away the mountains.  Haha.  Anyways, that was just a very strange feeling, but I don't imagine I could have made it without the laughing gas. :)

Lauren.

No comments:

Post a Comment