Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

new sewing desk and chair

Hey! 
I went to Angel's antiques a couple of weeks ago and got a new sewing desk.  I'd been thrift shopping all day, and finally found a desk I'd be completely happy with.  I paid about $100 for the desk.  I think it sounds like a lot (because I'm cheap) but all of the other desks I'd seen were falling apart and was about &80.  I will need to throw a few coats of gloss/protectant on the desk, but its been really nice.  I also needed a chair, so a couple weeks later I went back to Angel's antiques and found a pretty nice desk chair for $24.
Both the desk and chair are below. (;



That HIDEOUS green and brass lamp will soon be red or back to the store.  This is the style lamp I've been wanting, but this one is just ugly.  And also, you can see the curtains that I plan on revamping.  I want to add satin ruffles on the edges and a prettier trim for the valance.
You can't see it that well, but I also made a table runner for my desk.  :)


PS all of my pictures a phone pictures because I've dislocated my camera.  bear with me. :)

Lauren.


No comments:

Post a Comment