Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

a couple projects

Hey!
So because I go to work full time and then I go to school in the afternoon, I don't have much time to sew or craft... Let alone blog about it. :)  So here are a couple projects I've worked on the past few weeks. 


Updoing Coasters!!
I bought these teal coasters at an antique store for $7.  There are 6 of them and they came in a matching box.  I wanted to give them a little something...


Before.



I cut out some circles of scrapbook paper, mod podged them, and .... [take picture and insert here].
haha sorry. I haven't had time to take a picture of the finished product.  But I will, and I will put it up.

Remember I was looking for a new sewing desk???


This is the desk while it was still at the antique store. ((much better picture than from the prior post)) I decided not to change it... It has alot of character the way it is now.

And these are some coasters Aaron and I made for his room.  He picked out the scrapbook paper, we bought a few floor tiles at Lowe's (about .37 cents), mod podged them, and hot glued some felt to the bottom.  I think they turned out pretty darn good. :D


I really needed a school bag to carry my books in... So of course I decided to attempt to make one.  I found this ABSOLUTELY AMAZING fabric on clearance for $4 a yard at Joann.  I bought THREE yards of it because of my infatuation with it.  You can't really see with this horrible phone picture, but I hand sewed on some lace and rhinestones, and there are some pearls in the flower. 
I basically just measured my books and measured how long I wanted the straps to be.   I love it. :)

This is a HORRIBLE coke can coozy I made.  Someone at work drank my diet coke (without even asking if anyone else had a diet coke in the fridge :P ).  So I decided to mark mine with a very distinct one of a kind coozy. :P  I just worked with what I had, which explains the terribly matched fabric, ruffles, and ribbon. :P



I started Yoga class last night!! It was so cool! This lady had us standing on one arm and one leg up on a wall with our other arm and leg in the air... and this is my FIRST class. :D
Believe me, I'm paying for it now.  I am SORE!


Lauren.

No comments:

Post a Comment